Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The big step into 3....

It comes to a point where we are no longer kids of yesterday. The big 3-O. So.. What is it like being 30? Questions started popping up...
What's next in our life? 
How different is it gonna be from our 20s? 
How can we improve it? 
What is expected of us at 30? 
What have we achieved so far? 
What should we be achieving?

Seriously, it's not gonna be any different than your life now, unless you start working on it. So.. Then you ask, what should we be working on? 

I've struggled with these questions as my own 3-O approaches. Since the beginning of the year, i've been trying to change myself into a better person. By experiencing things that I've never experienced. I've read somewhere that everyday, you should do something that you are afraid of to overcome it. So, i went to Macau Tower and did the unthinkable. I jumped down the world's highest bungy jump. I conquered it! And then, i came back and life seems to reset to square 1 again. 

During my trip to Hong Kong, I chanced upon a book, The Happiness project by Gretchen Rubin. And so, i picked it up, paid for it and brought it home. This morning, I started reading and then I've made up my mind...

Well, this time, I decided to work on My Happiness Project. 

So what is this Happiness Project? Why should we undertake this project when we are not unhappy ourselves? And happiness is different to everyone, so how do we determine our own happiness? How do we find time to work on this since we are so busy with our current activities?

According to Gretchen, it is an approach to changing your life. You don't need to be unhappy or depress before you try to make yourself happier. You can make yourself happier even when you are already happy. If you want to be happy, you definitely have to make time for it. Join me on my journey to embark on my own Happiness Project with reference to Gretchen's book chapter by chapter. 


There s no duty we so much underrated as the duty of being happy. - Robert Louis Stevenson 



No comments:

Post a Comment